Monday, 27 June 2011

Ok, Seriously Day One!

I got up Friday morning, ready to GO!  Showered and then stepped buck naked onto the scale.  I even had my hubby get down and read the scale for me so that I wouldn't mess with the reading by bending this way and that trying to see what it says.  201 lbs.  Ok, I thought to myself...could be worse.  Where does that leave me?  Trying to figure out what my first goal should be.  I'm thinking small here.  Everything you read says it's more sensible to make smaller goals and celebrate the small victories.  Thus goal #1, 195lbs - reward # 1, order in take out for supper.

So, what have I been up to since Friday?  Bused home Friday night from work, took the express bus home that zooms right passed my stop, doesn't stop for 4 more stops, thus forcing myself to walk quite a bit further home than normal.  I think it amounted to a 15 minute walk, not bad and because it's an express bus, it gets me to the stop so much earlier that even with the walk, I'm home about the same time!

We did a large grocery shop on Friday night.  Loaded up on fruits and veggies! Note to self: DON'T SHOP WHEN HUNGRY!!  Ended up shopping for so long that by the time we got home, just wanted to throw a frozen pizza in the oven.  You know what though, that's life, some nights require frozen pizza!

Saturday morning I got up and cut the lawn, if that's not exercise I don't know what is cause man was i sweaty by the end of it!  Ate a ton of watermelon! and had some of hubby's homemade pork burgers for lunch and then he BBQ'd beef kabobs for supper. 

Sunday was the definition of healthy living!  We spent the entire day outside fishing!  Took a picnic lunch, veggies I cut up the night before and easy peasy hot dogs (only ate one hot dog as opposed to 3 lol).  We were having so much fun, we fished through supper!  Not the best food day for getting my 3 balanced meals in, but got a ton of exercise and did not sit in front of the tv and waste the weekend!

That being said, today I'm exhausted from all the fresh air yesterday!  Had an oatmeal breakfast and now I'm snacking on veg waiting for lunch...hubby made me a special veg lasagna.  He so much wants to help me!  He told me that he will do everything he can to help, but in the end, it's my life, my body, my decisions.  Fair enough.

I spent some time talking to my neighbor last night about my lifestyle change.  She's currently working out with my hubby and his buddy in the garage gym (something I couldn't do because I would take everything personally, not great for the relationship).  She was saying that she's only been doing it 9 days but she already feels addicted.  I wish I could have that feeling.  I've never understood the addicted to working out thing.  I've tried, forced myself out of bed at 5:30 am to hit the gym multiple times a week for months trying to get a routine, just can't do it.  I told my neighbor this and and she says to me "but you can do what you can do".  So true.  I can take a bus that stops farther from home, I can park far away at the store to walk that extra distance across the parking lot, I can mow the lawn, I can eat smaller portions, healthier snacks and drink less calories.  I can live a healthy life, my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment